Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics is a computer-based method for direct production of ceramic elements for dental integrity restoration, which is used at the Kavident Dental Center. The technology is completely associated with the digitalization of the dental treatment process.
This is a complete system comprising several modules, including a scanning module, a milling module, and a furnace. It employs computer design technology known as CAD/CAM. Although the first such system was introduced in 1987, it has since served as the foundation for several changes to improve the process.
CEREC is used in three different areas due to its complete cycle: restorative, implant biological, and orthodontic. This technology allows for the fully automated design and creation of ceramic inlays, onlays, overlays, crowns, and veneers.
The destroyed tooth is functionally and aesthetically restored, and the result is far more long-lasting than traditional technologies used for this purpose.
With the use of this technology, the essence and advantages of CEREC are not one or two, but many. They are as follows:
1. The main thing is that the preparation of the necessary elements and placing them in the patient’s mouth is carried out within just one visit. This saves the patient’s time and nerves and makes this method increasingly popular in our hectic daily lives.
2. In the traditional way of making crowns, veneers, and others, it is necessary to make a fingerprint. It is sent to dental equipment and waits for a technological time of several days to create the necessary construction.
With CEREC technology, teeth are scanned directly by a modern 3D scanner that uses LED light to ensure picture accuracy.
The image is immediately transferred to a computer to create a 3D model of the tooth/teeth that needs treatment. This virtual model is created by special software, and precision is guaranteed.
3. After creating the pattern, the cutter, which is up to 10 times more precise than the human hand, makes the construction itself. It is sawn from a block of pure ceramics for about half an hour, and this process is fully automated.
This ensures the perfect making of the necessary element and eliminates the possibility of subsequent discomfort, which often occurs in ordinary crowns, for example.
4. The finishing processing that the dental specialist can perform is processing the structure with special paints for ceramics to achieve a maximum resemblance to the shade of the patient’s teeth. Therefore, the final result is maximally natural and minimally noticeable. Then proceed to cement the structure.
5. The whole procedure is minimally invasive, saving unpleasant sensations and time.
6. An important advantage of CEREC technology used in the Kavident Dental Centre is that the tooth’s integrity is preserved to the maximum extent. The ceramic construction is created on a perfect print and fits perfectly, so sawing is unnecessary.
7. The elements made with this technology have a guaranteed longer life - sometimes more than 20 years.
8. CEREC technology uses entirely special ceramic, which is biocompatible and minimizes the possibility of side effects.
The only drawback of this method is that it is more expensive than conventional methods. However, it offers several advantages.
If you decide to use CEREC technology to deal with an existing dental problem, it is essential for you to trust experienced specialists who have a long-standing practice, have undergone the necessary training, and can handle complex technology seamlessly.
You can find this service at Kavident Dental Centre, where you are certainly in the right hands when it comes to innovations in dentistry.